Honors Earth Science Teacher Evaluation form
FINAL REVIEW IS ATTACHED AT BOTTOM OF PAGE!
Link to A Short History of Nearly Everything:
- Astronomy (book)
- p36-37 Unlocking the Stars
- p38-41 Pushing the Limits
- p42-45 Origins
- p48-49 The Big Bang
- p52-53 First Stars and Galaxies
- p54-55 Expanding Universe
- p56-57 Fate of the Universe
- A Short History of Nearly Everything (Bill Bryson)
- P1-6 Introduction
- p9-18 How to Build a Universe
The first 4 pages of reading for "Astronomy" as listed below. You will need to get a book from Mr. Beals if you need the other pages.
SPRING BREAK! Weather Watchin'
Tuesday, March 19
- Wkst: Global Winds (attached below).
Wednesday, March 6
- Part 2:
- Open the document: Climate Change Discussion
- Finish all sections.
Tuesday, March 5
- Climate Change Round Table Discussion (attached below)
- Presearch - Complete without computer
- Check with Mr. Beals before checking out computer.
- Research - Complete with computer
Tuesday, Feb 19
- Geologic Time intro
- Assign: Ch21.1, 21.2: Read/Outline
All handouts are attached at the bottom of this page.
Monday, January 21, 2013
- Activity 2: The Original Super Soaker
- Use the data table below instead of the one given in the lab
A. Mass(g): Cup + Substrate
B. Volume(ml): Water added
C. Mass(g): Cup + Substrate + Water
D. Volume(ml): Water Recovered
E. Mass(g): Cup + Substrate + any remaining water in cup
F. % Water recovered =
C-A = x
E-A = y
((x-y)/x) * 100 = % water recovered
Friday, January 18, 2013
- Introduction to: "Trouble in Fruitvale"
- Activity 1: The Mystery of Fruitvale's Water